Speak With Conviction & Influence
What You’ll Get Out Of This Course
Have you ever been dismissed in conversation? Do people talk over you when you speak? Do you struggle to get a word in? Do you feel you’re not being taken seriously at work because you don’t sound as assertive or in control as your colleagues do?
In this personal coaching session, we’ll teach you how to use your voice & body language to captivate an audience, motivate colleagues, influence decision-makers, negotiate better and, of course, make that sale. For instance, did you know that by incorporating extended pauses into your speech you build tension & increase your appearance of dominance?
At Jabba, we believe warmth, energy & empathy are essential components of any presentation or speech. However, it’s equally important to know how to use non-verbal cues & tonality to come across as powerful. This communicates to your audience that you are in control & your ideas are worth considering.
We Teach The Communication Trifecta
- Body: When you combine powerful speaking with assertive facial expressions & dominant body language, you’ll be able to move & motivate your audience. In fact, 55% of meaning is conveyed through body language alone.
- Voice: Did you know that 38% of communication relies on vocal tone? So it’s not just what you say, but how you say it. With the rise of remote work & digital meeting platforms, nailing your vocal tone is more important than ever.
- Production: Whether you’re presenting in person or digitally, don’t allow your setup to let you down.
How The Process Works
- Once you have completed your purchase you will receive an email with a link to book the date & time for your personal coaching session. You can review our payment & cancellation terms here: Terms & Conditions.
- You will fill out a pre-coaching questionnaire so we know exactly what you would like to work on.
- During the coaching session, we look at 15 different aspects of your performance & setup (Jabba’s Engaging Speaking & Performance 15 scoring methodology or ESP15).
- After the session, we will give you qualitative as well as quantitative feedback on each point with corrections & exercises.
- For best results, we recommend at least 2 coaching sessions, a week apart.
- Understanding vocal & physical performance theory & how this impacts your performance
- Understanding non-verbal communication theory
- Jabba’s 1B1T (“one breath, one thought”) pacing technique
- Injecting more drama & tension into your value proposition
- The “Pitch-Pace Parabola” (how to make important points stand out so that your audience gets them)
- Simple vocal objection-handling techniques
- Vocal techniques when negotiating for a close
- Assertive body-language techniques
- Dropped pitch/low larynx technique
- Iterative performance & feedback of your presentation, talk or pitch
- ESP15 Scoring & Coach Feedback (emailed to you post session)
60 minutes (or as many sessions as required)
“A colleague and I experienced an hour of one-on-one coaching with Alistair on improving our sales voice and digital presence. We were both unaware of the techniques and methods that were presented to us by Alistair and we both felt these helped us immensely in this day and age where digital meetings are the norm. Alistair was able to create a safe environment in which we felt comfortable to explore new ways of presenting ourselves and using our voice for different scenarios and results. Alistair is a great guy that is able to give feedback in a constructive way. Selling in the digital age has a lot of nuance to it and Alistair certainly helped us improve. Recommended!”
– Anique Bravenboer (Global Partner Management, Yotta)