Filming for Social Media & Self-Promotion
What You’ll Get Out Of This Course
Let’s face it – most of us don’t love seeing ourselves on video. We get awkward about how we look & sound. But whether you use it for pitching & prospecting, promoting yourself on social media, or just interacting with colleagues & clients, video is not going away.
In fact, in a case study conducted by BombBomb, an enterprise sales team saw a 56% increase in replies to cold emails when they included video. Capturing yourself well on camera is, therefore, a skill that every professional needs today.
In this personal coaching session, we’ll teach you the fundamentals of film performance so that you shine on camera.
We Teach The Engaging Communication Trifecta
- Body: When you combine powerful speaking with assertive facial expressions & dominant body language, you’ll be able to move & motivate your audience. In fact, 55% of meaning is conveyed through body language alone.
Voice: Did you know that 38% of communication relies on vocal tone? So it’s not just what you say, but how you say it. With the rise of remote work & digital meeting platforms, nailing your vocal tone is more important than ever.
Production: Whether you’re presenting in person or digitally, don’t allow your setup to let you down.
How The Process Works
- Once you have completed your purchase you will receive an email with a link to book the date & time for your personal coaching session. You can review our payment & cancellation terms here: Terms & Conditions.
- You will fill out a pre-coaching questionnaire so we know exactly what you would like to work on.
- During the coaching session, we look at 15 different aspects of your performance & setup (Jabba’s Engaging Speaking & Performance 15 scoring methodology or ESP15).
- After the session, we will give you qualitative as well as quantitative feedback on each point with corrections & exercises.
- For best results, we recommend at least 2 coaching sessions, a week apart.
- Understanding vocal & physical performance theory & how this impacts your performance
- Understanding non-verbal communication theory
- Jabba’s 1B1T (“one breath, one thought”) pacing technique
- Making sure your opening & closing 2 minutes have punch & panache, vocally & physically (we follow the Primacy/Recency theory, which is the tendency of most people to remember only the first & last things you say)
- The “Pitch-Pace Parabola” (how to make important points stand out so that your audience gets them)
- Eye-zagging & working the room
- Stage presence & moving
- Mic technique, teleprompters & technology considerations
- Possible Interactive elements & technology to incorporate
- Iterative performance & feedback of your presentation, talk or pitch
- ESP15 Scoring & Coach Feedback (emailed to you post session)
60 minutes (or as many sessions as required)
“Alistair is an inspirational & innovative communicator & teacher. I was fortunate to be able to get my team & myself on his foundation workshop. My team are all experienced enablement professionals who are already seeing the advantages of Alistair’s techniques. With 24 hours of completing the sessions we saw improvements in our enablement sessions & improvements in business outcomes. We plan to work further with Alistair now we better understand the power of the voice.”
– Sam Robinson (EMEA Sales Enablement Leader, SAGE)