Engaging Speaking & Presenting (ESP) Fundamentals
What You’ll Get Out Of This Course
Ever been in a Zoom meeting & felt like no one is listening to you? Or presented in a boardroom & noticed that your audience has started to fiddle with their phones? It’s our belief at Jabba that anyone can be interesting & compelling – all it takes is the right voice & performance training. In this personal coaching session, we teach you how to combine dynamic vocals with a powerful physical performance so your audience will feel engaged with you & your message – whether online or face to face.
During the one-hour training session, we’ll assess your sound, your energy levels & how you come across when discussing a topic you’re passionate about. The idea is to learn to harness that same energy & vocal variety no matter what topic you’re presenting on. That’s how you capture your audience’s attention.
In short, you deliver your passion speech & we’ll work through it iteratively to polish your delivery & eliminate vocal fillers. Each session is recorded so you will be able to see & hear the improvement between your first delivery & your final performance!
We Teach The Engaging Communication Trifecta
- Body: When you combine powerful speaking with assertive facial expressions & dominant body language, you’ll be able to move & motivate your audience. In fact, 55% of meaning is conveyed through body language alone.
- Voice: Did you know that 38% of communication relies on vocal tone? So it’s not just what you say, but how you say it. With the rise of remote work & digital meeting platforms, nailing your vocal tone is more important than ever.
- Production: Whether you’re presenting in person or digitally, don’t allow your setup to let you down.
How The Process Works
- Once you have completed your purchase you will receive an email with a link to book the date & time for your personal coaching session. You can review our payment & cancellation terms here: Terms & Conditions.
- You will fill out a pre-coaching questionnaire so we know exactly what you would like to work on.
- During the coaching session, we look at 15 different aspects of your performance & setup (Jabba’s Engaging Speaking & Performance 15 scoring methodology or ESP15).
- After the session, we will give you qualitative as well as quantitative feedback on each point with corrections & exercises.
- For best results, we recommend at least 2 coaching sessions, a week apart.
- Baseline vocal measurement & recording of your passion speech (the “before”)
- Feedback on your production in terms of lights, camera, sound, framing, background & clothing
- Understanding vocal & physical performance theory & how this impacts your performance
- Understanding non-verbal communication theory
- Jabba’s 1B1T (“one breath, one thought”) pacing technique
- Elimination of filler words & practise
- Introduction to vocal melody & practise
- The Passion Speech (the “after”)
- Iterative performance & feedback of your presentation, talk or pitch
- ESP15 Scoring & Coach Feedback (emailed to you post session)
60 minutes (or as many sessions as required)
“Wow! I had a hugely impactful one-hour session with Alistair to help me improve my online conference presence & connection. He helped me with the basics – technology, light, sound. He gave me useful tips for pitch & melody to show my passion & to keep people engaged. I learnt to use my strengths to be more confident & powerful in my speech.”
– Eva Heffernan (Technology & Sales Leader, Salesforce)