Delivering Powerful Presentations
What You’ll Get Out Of This Course
We’ve all been there: you’ve poured hours into a Powerpoint presentation only to have your audience stare blankly at you as you deliver it. “Death by Powerpoint” is all too real these days…
During this personal coaching session, a Jabba coach will make sure you rock your next presentation with a vocal & physical delivery that will make those slides come alive. We will also comment on your production, how you engage on your chosen meeting platform & how to improve your slides.
Our job is to make sure you grab & hold onto your audience’s attention from the get-go, so that your message sticks & inspires them into action at the end.
We Teach The Engaging Communication Trifecta
- Body: When you combine powerful speaking with assertive facial expressions & dominant body language, you’ll be able to move & motivate your audience. In fact, 55% of meaning is conveyed through body language alone.
- Voice: Did you know that 38% of communication relies on vocal tone? So it’s not just what you say, but how you say it. With the rise of remote work & digital meeting platforms, nailing your vocal tone is more important than ever.
- Production: Whether you’re presenting in person or digitally, don’t allow your setup to let you down.
How The Process Works
- Once you have completed your purchase you will receive an email with a link to book the date & time for your personal coaching session. You can review our payment & cancellation terms here: Terms & Conditions.
- You will fill out a pre-coaching questionnaire so we know exactly what you would like to work on.
- During the coaching session, we look at 15 different aspects of your performance & setup (Jabba’s Engaging Speaking & Performance 15 scoring methodology or ESP15).
- After the session, we will give you qualitative as well as quantitative feedback on each point with corrections & exercises.
- For best results, we recommend at least 2 coaching sessions, a week apart.
- Review of your speaking pace in words per minute – Otter.ai
- Understanding vocal & physical performance theory & how this impacts your performance
- Jabba’s 1B1T (“one breath, one thought”) pacing technique
- Using vocal melody to bring your slides to life
- Making sure your opening & closing 2 minutes have punch & panache, vocally & physically (we follow the Primacy/Recency theory, which is the tendency of most people to remember only the first & last things you say)
- 7 virtual meeting best practises
- Vocal light & shade techniques to make sure good points are highlighted & bad points emphasized
- Thought transitions through connectives & inspiring deeper thought between slides
- Review of your imagery & slides
- Review of your story & the common theme
- Iterative performance & feedback of your presentation, talk or pitch
- ESP15 Scoring & Coach Feedback (emailed to you post session)
60 minutes (or as many sessions as required)
“Easily one of the best soft skills training sessions I have ever had on any topic. I haven’t seen a presentation skills course that provides this sort of insight & coaching for your entire “performance” in a virtual meeting, including voice, body language & eye contact.”
– Richard Achee (Global Technology Partnerships, Google)